Monday, October 23, 2017

Lab 6: Survey123

Introduction

Survey 123 for ArcGIS is a geographic survey tool that allows the user to design a survey and share it with multiple users. The users can complete the survey, responding with accurate geographic data from their cell phones. There are multiple applications of this tool, one of them including disaster assessment. First responders can collect data in the field designating primary and secondary emergencies and create a map, in real time, of the affected area and its needs.
In this lab, I will be completing a Survey123 tutorial where I will create a survey on the Survey 123 for ArcGIS website, submit the survey, analyze the results, and share the results.

Let's get Started

First I navigated to the Learn ArcGIS online lesson gallery, logged on with my enterprise account, and searched for "Get started with Survey123 for ArcGIS."

Create a Survey

In this survey tutorial, I will be creating a disaster preparedness survey for a Home Owners Association (HOA). Members of the association will complete the survey.

Start designing the survey

Click "Create New Survey," choose "Using the Web Designer" and click "Get Started." In the "Create New Survey" window, I populated the blanks as shown in Figure #. 
Add general participant information questions 

Q1: Under "Common Questions" set, I add date. I fix the answer to submitting date and make it a required question.
Q2: Next, I add a response box for "Participant Name" by adding a "Singleline Text" question to the survey. I also made this a required question.
Q3: I added another "Singline Text" question for "Participant Location." Under hint I wrote "e.g. Address, street name, nearest cross streets" encouraging residents to include full address, but allowing other options for residents who did not feel comfortable sharing that information. 
Q4: Finally, I added a "GeoPoint" question which provides a map and allows users to pinpoint their location. I added a Hint informing residents that they could select the nearest cross streets if they did not feel comfortable locating their homes. I selected "Imagery with Labels" as the base map and made the question required.  

Add questions about the participant's residence

Q5: I used a "Single Choice" question to ask about the type of home, single family (home) or multi-family (apartment or condo) and included an "other" box for participants to include another type of home.
Q6: Next, I used "Number" question to ask how many levels the home has, including a hint to count the basement separately. I also placed a rule on Q5 so that Q6 only appears if "Single family" is selected.
Q7: Another "Number" question was added to ask "Approximately what year was your residence built?" and under "Validation" required that a the response must "Be an integer."
Q8: Using the "Image" question, I allow participants to upload a photo of their home with the following note: "This will help assess building materials and structural integrity. Be advised: For security reasons, please do not share pictures with personally identifiable elements such as house numbers or car license plates."
Q9: Another "Number" question with required integer response was added to ask "How many people live in your home."
Q10: Finally, I included an "Multi Choice" question inquiring the age range of people in the home. There were four options and the participant was informed to check all that apply. For layout, I selected horizontal.

Add questions for the 9 Fix-it safety checks

There are 9 Fix-it safety checks

Add questions for an inventory of emergency assets


Publish the survey


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lab 12: UAS Data Processing with Ground Control Points

Introduction In Lab 10 , the UAS data collected in Lab 3 was processed in Pix4D without the use of Ground Control Points (GCPs), and had...